Wednesday 8 April 2015

You don't need me

You need
Sound of feet shuffling the living room
Setting a house in order too soon 
Silk sari changing to satin pyjama 
Like costumes in a bedroom drama
Singsong shower drowned by a voice
Humming tunes of your choice
Pink toothbrush sticking out of toiletries
Red handbag brimming with vagaries.

Clang of bangles gold and glass.
Some obedience, some sass.
A waist to fill your empty arms.
Breasts to claim your solitude farm.
Shampooed tresses to perfume your pillow.
A pleasing frame forever mellow.
A hand to serve homely dinner.
A trophy at parties, a clear winner.

You need
A lover limitless like the sky.
A mistress penetrable like the earth.
A woman ageless like the seas.
A filler for your available voids.
A perfect piece to finish your puzzle.

You don't need me.

Loneliness kills, did you say?
Imagine how i could have died every day
If my mirrored nights hadn't brought me
Back to my self.

Now, my Shams smiles at me,
And I smile back at him.


© Sudeshna Sanyal



2 comments:

  1. I dont hv words for this piece of writing!....ovewhelmed n mesmerized by the sheer depth n the thinking!

    ReplyDelete