Sunday 16 September 2012

A social death...


I had a busy social life, oh, yes for sure!
But a happier death, for  didn't I endure
All, that was foppery of friends, distant chats
With names bizarre; crazy emoticon brats.

They gave me virtual flowers, condolence sweets
Dried some tears and exchanged tweets
I sat atop a ceiling fan or did I just float?
Amused, I waited for the heavenly boat
To take me away from this freak show;
I had newer worlds, my darlings, to explore.

Newer cyberscapes starring planets of loneliness,
Newer galaxies of phantoms, wraiths headless
Who would chat endless encore, and reach out chords
Of electronic whisper, speaking in intergalactic codes.

O boy, am I glad to have died and moved on --
It is time you did too, and found your own Krypton
We could then spawn out worlds of our own, strangers' zones
Like islands that stayed drugged in network clones
And meet again as friends to bemoan
A death similar, a funny demise like my own!!

No comments:

Post a Comment